LEARNING OBJECT/PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES
In Module 3 we appreciated the importance of obtaining documentation in the host country, as an indispensable element for the full integration of the migrant into the host society. We have seen the different ways of obtaining citizenship.
Duration: 45 minutes
- To understand and differentiate between the concepts of "residence" and "citizenship".
- To know the different models for obtaining citizenship.
In order to consolidate your knowledge, we propose these practical activities.
Activity 1: residence / citizenship:
- What are the differences between obtaining a residence permit and obtaining citizenship?
- Analyze the different models of obtaining citizenship and the criteria to be taken into account in each of them. Make a comparative table.
- What is the procedure in your own country for a foreign person to obtain citizenship?
Activity 2: The gender issue in obtaining citizenship
- Do you agree that the economic motive is the main reason for obtaining citizenship, or should other arguments be taken into account? Reflect on your argument in 100 words.
- Reflect on whether the fact of being a migrant woman adds difficulties in the process of obtaining citizenship. List some examples of specific problems, according to what has been studied in the text, which a woman may suffer.